Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version: 7.5.3  and later [Release: V7 and later ]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.5.3 
Database: IBM DB2/UDB 7.2
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP 2
Database Server OS: IBM AIX 4.3.3
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1153677971.
You cannot change the current fieldâs value from âSubmittedâ to âCompletedâ.
Rule validation failed: â[Total Approvers] = 0â
When the status field of a news story is changed from âSubmittedâ to âPending Approvalâ, the following error pops up.
You cannot change the current fieldâs value from âSubmittedâ to âPending Approvalâ.
Rule validation failed: â[Approver Sequence Number] <> 0â
The above error messages are encountered for a certain âContent Pathâ which happens to be âmyBulletinsâ.
The test on vanilla shows when status first changed from 'Draft' to 'Submitted' it will change to 'Pending Approval' automatically while saving the record. When status changed from 'Pending Approval' to Approval it worked fine. However, another error message occours while changing status from 'Approval' to 'Completed'.
Rule validation failed: '[Approver Sequence Number] > [Total Approvers]'
This is expected because user should not manually change the status from 'Approved' to 'Completed'. This change should be done by workflow.
The out of box 'Group News Approver Workflow' allows only two approvers. Have provided customer a new workflow called 'Group News Multiple Approver Workflow' which will not give the error message also it allows multiple Approver. The correct process of approving the content should be as below:
1. Importand activate the Group News MultipleApprover Workflow, then bounce the server if you use thin client or log off and log in if you use dedicated client.
2. Login, go to Site Map, Group News Admin\Content Path.
3. Create new content path based on GN Multiple Approver Workflow.
4. Use Sadmin as approver 1 and approver 2.
5. Go to Stages tab and add Home Page\Top Story as stage 1.
6. Set content path to Active and save record.
7. Goto Site Map, Group News Authoring\News Inbox.
8. Create new news item - fill in name, headline and select new content path.
9. Click on Content Editing tab and change status from Draft to Submitted.
10. Step off to save the record. - After that the status will change to 'Pending Approval' per WF.
11. Change the status from 'Pending Approval' to 'Approved' and step off to save record. - After that the status will change to 'Pending Approval' again per WF because we have two approver set up.
12. Change the status from 'Pending Approval' to 'Approved' again and step off to save record. - After that the record will disappear. It now will be seen in Group News Authoring > All News applet with status of 'Completed'. This means user should not manually change the status from Approved to Completed. As long as user save the record properly the WF will change the status automatically.
Above prodedure was tested on 188.8.131.52 Employee Relationship Management. If user uses Call Center the 'Goup News Authoring' screen may need to be added. The approving process has to be done in the screen.
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 8.1.1 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for Relevance on 03-11-2013
Why we get Error calling custom business service in State Model rule?
When calling a custom business service, AARDVARK, from a State Model validation rule. We are SBL-SVC-00150 error as seen in the attachment. This error is alleviated by adding AARDVARK to the Object Manager component parameter Business Service Query Access. According to the Siebel documentation this should not be necessary, as we have added the business service to the Application User Properties, ClientBusinessService. We would like to see this address in either the documentation or as a bug.
It is found that this is document error and CR#12-1XM96D7 "Lack of information on Siebel Bookshelf 8.1" is logged to address this Document Defect.
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version: 184.108.40.206 SIA  and later [Release: V7 and later ]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 220.127.116.11  SVE Transp
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3233403231.
The State model is working perfect for LOY Transaction BC and Approval PopUp is displayed only for for the status transition In Progress -> Submit in LOY Member Transaction List Applet (please see 38-3184664891 on SupportWeb).
The problem we are faced to currently, that Approval PopUp is not displayed in LOY Service Request Transactions List Applet. If we are trying to change Transaction status in the applet from in Progress-> Submit instead of approval PopUp we receive the error message :
 Wrong field values or value types detected in field Status. Please re-enter your field values. If you need additional assistance, please refer to the documentation.(SBL-UIF-00299)
 You cannot change the value of field 'Status' from 'Skapas' to 'Avvaktar godkÃ¤nnande'.
Rule validation failed: ' ([Owner Id] = LoginId() or [Created By] = LoginId()) and [Submit To] is NOT NULL'(SBL-SVC-00150)
"Wrong field values or value types detected in field Status" error message is displayed if transaction status change does not satisfy LOY Transaction state model criteria.
Could you please advise how to get Approval PopUp displayed and eliminate the error message " Wrong field values or value types detected in field Status."?
The customer determined that when they changed the status of a transaction in the LOY Service Request Transactions List Applet in the LOY Service Request Transaction View, instead of the approval popup window appearing, an error message occurred that the status change was not valid due to the state model defined. However if the same action was carried out in the LOY Member Transaction List Applet in the LOY Members Transactions View, then the approval poup appeared. The view details were as follows:
Screen: Service Request Screen
View: LOY Service Request Transaction View
Business Object: Service Request
Screen: LOY Members Screen
View: LOY Member Transactions View
Business Object: LOY Member
It was determined that the following changes have to be made:
1. Change the class of LOY Service Request Transactions List Applet to CSSSWEFrameListLOYBase.
2. Edit the Service Request business object and add the following business components:
a) LOY Approval Process BC with link LOY Transaction/LOY Approval Process.
b) LOY Approval Popup Virtual BC with no link.
The Change Request Defect 12-1HP034I has been raised to change this in the standard repository.