Applies to:Error Message Area:Installation and Configuration Utility - ICF
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version: 7.7.1  and later [Release: V7 and later ]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.7.1  NLD
Database: Oracle 220.127.116.11
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP 2
Database Server OS: IBM AIX 5L 5.2
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1463475578.
SisnTcpIp SisnSockInfo 3 0 2004-08-23 18:58:11 2036: [TCPIP-server] bind() to INADDR_ANY:49152 failed for sd=744 (err=10048 | Address is already in use (TCP/IP address/port).)
The “SisnTcpIp SisnSockInfo 3 0 2004-08-23 18:58:11 2036: [TCPIP-server] bind() to INADDR_ANY:49152 failed for sd=744 (err=10048 | Address is already in use (TCP/IP address/port).) “ error message indicates the Siebel Server is attempting to assign a port to a Siebel Object Manager but fails as each port it tries is already being used. Further research found there were network and security configuration issues surrounding this deployment. These network settings were interfering with the Siebel Application Server resolving the name of the Siebel Gateway Server to the machine. The following resolved this Service Request:
1. Uninstalled the Siebel environment as per FAQ 1985: How do users completely uninstall Siebel 2000 or Siebel 7 Server installation On My Oracle Support
2. Installed the Siebel Gateway, Server and Database Server at 7.7 with ENU Base and NLD language pack ensuring that “localhost” is used for the Siebel Gateway Server name during the Siebel Server configuration. Please note, during the Siebel Gateway configuration, the Siebel Gateway Server cannot be called “localhost” so enter the machine name instead.
3. Patch the installation to 7.7.1
4. Execute the omdefs.dat instructions for NLD as stated in the Planning Global Deployments ^ Deployment Scenarios for Installing Multiple Languages on Siebel Servers ^ Scenario 3. The command is run through the srvrcfg utility which is in the siebsrvr/bin directory.
5. Bring up the Siebel Mobile Web Client and navigate to the On the Administration – Server Configuration ^ Enterprises ^ Synchronize tab and select the Synchronization button
Siebel Technical Support
Keywords: [TCPIP-server] bind() to INADDR_ANY:49152 failed for sd=744 (err=10048 | Address is already in use (TCP/IP address/port).), install, 7.7.1, components, missing, synchronize, Synchronize is Not Available
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version: 18.104.22.168  to 22.214.171.124  - Release: V8 to V8
Information in this document applies to any platform.
(icutil.cpp (125) err=3604490 sys=0) SBL-ICF-00010: The value "ENUinstalledFlag" was not found
Siebel version 7.0.4 SIA to version 8.0 SIA
Siebel version 8.0 SBA (eBusiness - Horizontal release) to version 8.0 SIA
Change Request 12-1NALVY1 was created to address the reported behavior.
This behavior affects Siebel versioni 126.96.36.199 only. Considering that there are any outstanding defects affecting the UpgRep process which are fixed in Siebel version 188.8.131.52, a workaround for the time being is to run the upgrade using Siebel version 184.108.40.206 patch instead.
Actually, based on the fact that the failure occurs when trying to generate the master_upgxxx_prod_xxx.ucf files, you can create those files; apply the patch 220.127.116.11; and then launch the database upgrade process.
So another possible workaround is:
1 - run the Siebel Database Configuration Wizard using Siebel version 8.0 or 18.104.22.168 to produce the master_upgrep_prod_xxx.ucf and master_upgphys_prod_xxx.ucf files
2 - apply the Siebel version 22.214.171.124 patch
3 – Manually launch the database upgrade process using the UCF files from step 1
On AIX the command would be:
srvrupgwiz /m master_upgxxx_prod_xxx.ucf
You can find more information in the Siebel Database Upgrade Guide > Upgrading the Siebel Database > Starting the Siebel Upgrade Wizard.
The matter has been addressed on Siebel version 126.96.36.199 or later.
Applies to:Siebel System Software - Version: 8.0  and later [Release: V8 and later ]
Siebel CRM - Version: 8.0  to 8.1.1  [Release: V8 to V8]
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows 2000
Product Release: V8 (Enterprise)
Version: 8.0 
Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3293866261.
***Checked for relevance on 05-Apr-2011***
The error message is exactly the same as SR # 38-3254994631.
log.txt reported the following error.
(7/03/2007 16:04:24), Setup.product.install, Utility, err, unable to launch: "C:\DOCUME~1\DATKEQ\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\LRE2.tmp\bin\java.exe -Dtemp.dir=C:\DOCUME~1\DATKEQ\LOCALS~1\Temp\1 -cp D:\sea80\siebsrvr\bin\setup.jar run -args LANG=ENU VISIBILITY=ENTERPRISE REPEAT=FALSE MODE=LIVE MODEL_FILE=D:\sea80\siebsrvr\admin\siebel_server_sia.scm" error code: "-1"(SBL-STJ-00152)
Upon reviewing siebns.dat and sw_cfg_util.log, it was found that
1) siebns.dat does not have any VersionString set (supposed to have value like 8.0  ENU etc), and all the language components are missing.
2) sw_cfg_util.log for Siebel Server showing error during setup OM language menu.
GenericLog GenericError 1 0000050745ee0514:0 2007-03-08 14:53:00 Executing step: SetupOM$$DeployedLanguage$$
GenericLog GenericError 1 0000050745ee0514:0 2007-03-08 14:53:00 Executing step: SetupOMenu
GenericLog GenericError 1 0000050745ee0514:0 2007-03-08 14:53:00 Failed during Execution, err: 5506021
3) sw_cfg_util.log for Gateway reported version missing issue.
GenericError 1 0000085945ee0d20:0 2007-03-07 16:48:57 Executing step: CreateEntSIA
GenericLog GenericError 1 0000085945ee0d20:0 2007-03-07 16:48:58 Executing step: SetEntVertical
GenericLog GenericError 1 00000b7045ee0d20:0 2007-03-07 16:48:58 (icutil.cpp (125) err=3604490 sys=126) SBL-ICF-00010: The value "SiebelVersion" was not found
The above finding indicated that customer is missing the language pack installation media and thus advised to verify the installation image and source (jar) files downloaded. Once the correct language pack media downloaded and image created, a new installation performs successfully.