Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 22.214.171.124  DEU
Database: Other (Please specify in Comments field)
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1231150998.
We installed the Siebel sales version126.96.36.199.software on our HP iPAQ 2210 PDA running Pocket PC
2003 operating system. When we tried to synchronize the Sample database with the PDA (Companion
Sync) using ActiveSync version 3.7.1 we received errors. Log files are attached.
Customer installed the Siebel sales version188.8.131.52.software on their HP iPAQ 2210 PDA running Pocket PC 2003 operating system. When they tried to synchronize the Sample database with the PDA (Companion Sync) using ActiveSync version 3.7.1 they received errors. Found following errors in SyncManager.log file.
"(SBL-DAT-00144) 'Pick List' mit dem Namen '' nicht gefunden. Dieses Objekt ist entweder nicht aktiv oder nicht vorhanden.
(SBL-DAT-00451) MultiValueLink 'Expense Hotel Item'für Business Component 'Expense Item'ist mehrmals definiert.
(SBL-DAT-00466) Mehrfachwert-Verknüpfungsdefinition '' ist für die Business Component-Definition 'Expense Item' nicht vorhanden".
In order to move forward we needed to get increased tracing in place at both ends of the synchronization so that we can capture as much information on the synchronization as possible. We recommend proceeding with the following:
1) Add SIEBEL_LOG_EVENTS=7 to the Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variables
2) Re-install the handheld device having made the following changes to the setup.ini prior to re-install:
; This outputs all SQL statements generated in the app to a log file in the Install folder
LogSqlStmts = Y
; This outputs all system error messages to a log file for easier debugging.
LogSSAErrors = Y
; This is the logging level for Syncmanager client. The maximum value is 5. It increases the amount of information logged.
SyncLogReportingLevel = 5
; This level controls the extent of transaction error information received from the server
TXNErrorLevel = 5
3) Ensure that the [PDA] section of your .cfg file (salesce.cfg) includes the following :
Once you've put these in place please delete the directories underneath %SIEBEL_CLIENT_ROOT%\hhsync\ so that we force a complete re-generation of the handheld files. Can you then synchronization and provide me with the following:
1) Contents of the hhsync sub-directory
2) Any SyncManager_Log* files from the %SIEBEL_CLIENT_ROOT%\LOG directory
3) Any hhsync.xxx.log files from the %SIEBEL_CLIENT_ROOT%\LOG directory
4) Your salesce.cfg and salesceqbe.txt files from %SIEBEL_CLIENT_ROOT%\BIN\ENU directory
In order to synchronize with the Sample database in this configuration you should ensure that the salesce.cfg has a DefaultDataSource of 'Sample' which will ensure a connection during synchronization to this database.
Customer reported that they made all the above changes suggested and when they started the sync again it worked successfully.
Behavior has been ... <Ctd..>
Behavior has been resolved after they re-installed the handheld device and made sure that the salesce.cfg file has a DefaultDataSource of 'Sample' to ensure a connection during synchronization to Sample database. Then the synchronization has worked without any problems so it is possible that there had been a problem with the previous installation.
Keywords: PDA, HP iPAQ 2210, Pocket PC 2003, ActiveSync 3.7.1, Siebel 184.108.40.206, companion sync, Sample, SBL-DAT-00144, SBL-DAT-00451, SBL-DAT-00466.
Applies to:Siebel Anywhere - Version: 7.0.4 
Siebel Remote - Version: 7.0.4  and later [Release: V7 and later]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Database(s):All Supported Databases
App Server OS(s):All Supported Platforms
Latest release tested against:V7 (Enterprise)
Keywords:Router, Troubleshoot, DCK, XR, CSC, ORA
This document was previously published as Siebel Troubleshooting Steps 13.
- In Siebel 7 and 8, follow the instructions detailed in Document 477138.1, regarding component tracing and log files, and Document 477003.1, regarding SQL-based event logging.
- In Siebel applications versions 5.x and 6.x, run the Transaction Router task with the following parameters set:
- Connectivity and RDBMS behaviors
- Errors when reading from and writing to .dx files
- Errors when accessing cache files and docking directories
- In Siebel Bookshelf version 7.7 > Siebel Installation Guide for (Microsoft Windows or UNIX): Servers, Mobile Web Clients, Tools, refer to the following chapter:
- In Siebel Bookshelf version 7.5.3 > Siebel Server Installation Guide for (Microsoft Windows or UNIX), refer to the appropriate chapter for your RDBMS:
- In Siebel Bookshelf version 7.0.x > Siebel Server Installation Guide for (Microsoft Windows or UNIX) review the appropriate chapter for your RDBMS on Creating and Optimizing the database for Siebel eBusiness Applications.
- Verify that the database server is accessible from the Siebel application server machine by executing the ping command from a command prompt on the application server:
- Verify that the database server is running.
- Verify that ODBC connection strings are configured correctly. Please refer to Document 475610.1 on Siebel SupportWeb for details on how to test connectivity through ODBC data sources created by Siebel
- Error Opening Transaction File for Read
- The Transaction Router log file
- The corrupt .dx file; in this example, 00005115.dx from the \txnproc folder
- The preceding .dx file; in this example, 00005114.dx from the \txnproc folder
- The next .dx file; in this example, 00005116.dx from the \txnproc folder
- The results of running txnutl on the corrupt .dx file. This should include the uncompressed .dx file (.dx2 file) and the readable transaction file (txn.log). For details on how to use txnutl please see Document 475688.1 on Siebel SupportWeb.
- The results of the following SQL statement run on the server database:
- Unable to read an item from the User Txn Log file.
- The Transaction Router log file
- The .dx file being read from the \txnproc directory; in the example above, the file would be 00001580.dx
- The results of running txnutl on the corrupt .dx file. This should include the uncompressed .dx file (.dx2 file) and the readable transaction file (txn.log). For details on how to use txnutl please refer to Document 475688.1 on Siebel SupportWeb.
- SBL-TXR-00026: Error in the main function.
- The visibility database, visdata.dbf file, located in the SERVER_ROOT\docking directory
- The Tall\Skinny database for a specific node
- The Transaction Processor located in SERVER_ROOT\docking\%node_name%
- The SERVER_ROOT\docking\txnproc directory
- SBL-CSC-00119: Block number xxx exceeds file size (yyy blocks)
- SBL-CSC-00213: Invalid visibility database. Shutdown and restart *all* routers to rebuild
For Siebel versions prior to 8.x:
- Shut down all Transaction Routers.
- Re-start the first Transaction Router with the following parameters set:
- Wait 10-15 minutes to ensure the visdata.dbf is created without interruption.
- Restart all remaining Transaction Routers with the Id Db Recreate parameter set to FALSE.
For Siebel 8.x and above:
i. Shut down all Transaction Processors and Routers.
ii. Re-start the Transaction Processor with the following parameters set:
Id Db Recreate = TRUE
Id Db Size = 102400
iii Wait 10-15 minutes to ensure the visdata.dbf is created without interruption.
iv Restart Transaction Routers with the Id Db Recreate parameter set to FALSE and IdDbSize to be the same as Transaction Processor
- SBL-DCK-00123: Error opening file C:\SIEBEL\docking\J_LIBAIRE\00000091.log for read
- SBL-DCK-00250: A newer version of the dobjinst.dbf must be rebuilt by starting transaction processor with parameter "TSDbRecreate" set to "TRUE"
- SBL-CSC-00128: Cannot get exclusive access to Tall/Skinny database for node JFIELD
- Shut down and restart the Siebel server, and restart the Transaction Router to see if the problem persists.
- If it does, end date the node in question. In the example above, the node is JFIELD.
- Rename the node's folder in the docking directory. In the example above, this directory would be SERVER_ROOT\Docking\JFIELD.
- Re-extract the problem node.
- SBL-CSC-00103: Error reading xxx bytes from dbfile at 0 (0 bytes read)
- SBL-CSC-00202: An attempt was made to seek past the end of a data block