Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 220.127.116.11 SIA
Information in this document applies to any platform.
 Wrong field values or value type detected in field FieldName.Please re-enter your field values. If you need additional assistance,please refer to the documentation.(SBL-UIF-00299)
 An invalid assignment error has occurred
Please try again or ask your system administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists. (SBL-DAT-00421)
(1) In Administration - Data -> Currency view, query for USD.
(2) Navigate to the "Exchange Rates" view.
(3) Assign a value for today's date for "MAD" currency code.
(4) Do a clear cache.
(5) Navigate to Accounts Screen -> Account List view.
(6) Create a new Account. (so that "Exchange Date" is set to today's date by default.)
(7) Drilldown on the Account and navigate to "More Info" view.
(8) Set some value for the "Annual Revenue" field in the "Account Information" section.
(9) Now change the "Currency" field in "Pricing and Purchasing Information" to "MAD" from "USD". (Change it to USD if it does not have any value. Then save the record and then perform step 9).
(10) Now when you move to a next field, the same error messages, SBL-UIF-00299 and SBL-DAT-00421, would be thrown.
On research, it was observed that this issue happens when "Exchange Rate" functionality is triggered for all currencies which has 2 dots in their symbol, which are only the currencies customer has mentioned - MAD, EGP, DZD and SAR.
A new CR #- 12-1ZFCG9D has been logged to address this issue as product defect.
As a work-around, the error message could be avoided if Currency Pick Applet is used to change the Currency Code value.
The below steps were followed to avoid the error message:
(1) In Siebel Tools, navigate to the applet containing the Currency Code field.
(2) For that Currency Code control, specify "Currency Pick Applet" on the pick applet property.
(3) Compile the changes.
BUG:12-1ZFCG9D - ERROR MESSAGE SBL-UIF-00299 AND SBL-DAT-00421 WHEN CHANGING CURRENCY CODE
Applies to:Siebel ePricer - Version: 18.104.22.168 
z*OBSOLETE: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 22.214.171.124 
Database: Oracle 126.96.36.199
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
Database Server OS: HP-UX 11i
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3304754281.
***Checked for relevance on 22-Nov-2010***
"An invalid assignment error has occurred. Please try again or ask your system administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists. (SBL-DAT-00421)"
It does not create any of the domain values. Clicking on it for existing records it gives the same error and delete all the domain values for that condition.
"An invalid assignment error has occurred
Please try again or ask your system administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists. (SBL-DAT-00421)" 12-1ION6VD has been logged but is currently deferred to be implemented.
As a workaround for this kind of attributes use display names which contain at least one digit.
Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.5.3  FRA Cons Sec
Database: IBM DB2/UDB 7.2
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP 2
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1068905331.
We met a strange issue after migrating from SIebel 188.8.131.52 to 7.5.3 : VB scripts that were running stop now with the error "Illegal function call (SBL-SCR-00156)".
The incriminated lines are stored in Order Entry - Orders buscomp, Server Script. When creating a new record, we launch :
WishShipDate = CVDate(Now + giStdEarly_Order)
Me.SetFormattedFieldValue "PR Must Delivery Date", Chr(34) + Format(WishShipDate, "ddddd") + Chr(34)
This causes the PreSetFieldValue to be executed :
If Left(GetFormattedFieldValue("December 31Date"),2) = "31" Then
DateToCheck = CVDate(DateValue(DateUStoFR(FieldValue))) ' <<<<< ERROR HERE
DateToCheck = CVDate(DateValue( FieldValue ) )
And the error occurs on the above specified line.
We tried the following : we reinstalled a 184.108.40.206 client, connected to the same database as 7.5.3 client, with the same SRF file. The result is that the error occurs in 7.5.3 but not in 7.5.2.
For your information, we applied the Maintenance Update 752_200 / 7.5.3 Usability & Section 508 Enhancement.
Thank you for your quick help.
The behavior is reproducible after applying 753.
Change request 12-HW86F9 has been logged to address this product defect.
The code was working fine with Siebel 220.127.116.11/218 but after applying 753 I got the following error:
An invalid assignment error has occurred.
Please try again or ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists.
As a workaround convert date in US format and then use SetFieldValue.
Siebel Technical Support