Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.7.2  Com/Med
Database: Oracle 22.214.171.124
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 9
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1993497850.
It has been observed that import of a complex product is failing if vendors are specified for the products.
Steps to reproduce the issue -
1. Create a small complex product (e.g. meg1 that contains meg2) with vendors and export it.
2. Import the product in the same envt. It gives following error-
We detected an Error which may have occurred for one or more of the following reasons:
<p></p><p></p>Error occurred during import/export operation. - ImportProduct<p></p> Data
will be skipped - Input Property Set; Product; Data cannot be imported; Err Incorrect
Format; Err Explanation: Ambiguose reference ID 1-QUT0U points to Product:meg2, Vendor:BT Organization and to Product:meg2, Vendor:(SBL-CFG-00116)(SBL-ISS-00120)<p></p>(SBL-ISS-00120)
Same error occurs if we try to delete the workspace for the root product and then import.
Import works if vendors are not specified or specified only for root product.
Could you please help to resolve this issue.
Rather than deleting vendors in .xml files before importing customizable product, a repository fix (on top of 7.7.2  vanilla) allows for a fix and should address the problem reported in the present SR. The fix steps are as follows.
- Launch Siebel Tools. In the Object Explorer, select Business Component.
- Query for "Complex Object EI". Select Join. Query for Join Alias = "S_VEND_EXT". Change the table to "S_ORG_EXT" (it is "S_BU" in vanilla).
This BC is used for the import/export - product header and the join for Vendor should be S_ORG_EXT, which is the table for accounts.
- Query for "CO Sub Product Pick BC". Select Join. Query for Join Alias = "S_VEND_EXT". Change the table to "S_ORG_EXT" (it is "S_BU" in vanilla).
This BC is for the import/export - structure product pick and the join was made with S_BU. During import, the match product (Product Name + Vendor Name) couldn’t be found since the join was not pointing to the right table.
Comparatively, in "Cfg CO Ports", the BC used for import/export - product structure, the join for Vendor is S_ORG_EXT, which is correct. Therefore, the port product vendor can successfully be exported and the output file is correct.
Please apply the above changes and confirm that the behavior has been corrected.