Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 8.0  - Release: V8
Information in this document applies to any platform.
=== ODM Issue Clarification ===
On : Siebel 8.0 version, Configuration - Dev Env
When attempting to search on encrypted data with wild card '*1' in the field, it was throwing an error message.
"You search criteria is not allowed on this field %, please check and try again (SBL-DAT-00612 )".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Run some testing again Siebel version 220.127.116.11 sia (Fins application)
1. In the vanilla Payment Detail - Credit Card applet, there is one encrypt field (Credit Card #)
2. The applet is associated with Payments BC. The BC is associated with table S_SRC_PAYMENT
3. In table S_SRC_PAYMENT, we can find the encrypted column is CC_NUM
4. According to Siebel Bookshelf, we can enable search on the encrypted data by adding a new column with the following setting:
For case sensitive search: enter SiebelHash.SHA1([COLUMN_NAME]) for the Computation Expression
For case insensitive search: enter SiebelHash.SHA1CI([COLUMN_NAME]) for the Computation Expression
5. So, I create a new hash column with the following setting under table S_SRC_PAYMENT
Physical Type: Varchar
Computation Expression: SiebelHash.SHA1CI([CC_NUM])
6. Apply the schema change to the database
7. Recompile the srf file
8. Test the behavior
8.1 Go to Quote > Payments
8.2 Create a new Payment with Payment Method = Credit Card; Payment Type = MasterCard, enter a correct Credit Card #
8.3 Save the record
8.4 Query the Credit Card # with the following search criteria:
8.5. An error shows up:
Your search criteria is not allowed on this field "Credit Card Number - Display", please check and try again(SBL-DAT-00612)
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use wild card search on encrypted data.
=== ODM Cause Determination ===
We do not support wild card search on encrypted data in the Query function
=== ODM Cause Justification ===
The Product Manager has confirmed that we do not support wild card search on encrypted data in the Query function.
=== ODM Solution / Action Plan ===
We would suggest you to use full string to search on the encrypted data.