Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 7.7.1 
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 SP3
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 3
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1417674629.
SymptomsWhen connecting via the web client (URL) the user gets the following error, "An error has occurred setting the query specification. Please execute another query or ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists.(SBL-DAT-00313)" when clicking on Site Map => Activities => Activity List.
However, when connecting through the dedicated client, they do not receive the error.
I just recently copied up the local SRF to the server and stop/started the Gateway/Server services as well as stop/starting IIS Admin on the web server.
I know that in our old v6.22 tools, there was a sort spec on the Action BC = Start Date (DESCENDING). I know that Start Date has been now called Due. But when I chekced the Sort Spec on the Action BC in v7.71 tools there is nothing there. I'm not sure why the user is experiencing the problem in the web and not through the dedicated client.
Message 1For the benefit of other readers,
Customer was receiving the following error when navigating to the Activities screen :
"An error has occurred setting the query specification. Please execute another query or ask your systems administrator to check your application configuration if the problem persists.(SBL-DAT-00313)"
This error happened for specific user named JANN.
Upon further investigation we found that the user JANN had a private Predefined Query (PDQ) which made use of the "Start Date" field which is bsolete in v7. "Due" field should be used instead of "Start Date" field.
WE made this change to the PDQ and retested logging as JANN to dedicated client - the PDQ worked fine without giving error message.
We then tested the same behavior by logging as user JANN to web client , but the same error appeared. The log files indicated that the web client was still using the old PDQ with invalid Start Date field.
We checked the customers web client environment and found that the dedicated client was using a ODBC which was pointing a different default database and the ODBC on the server machine used by the web client was pointing to a different default database.
When we changed this and made the ODBC for the web client point to the same default database as dedicated client, the PDQ error went away.
A Documentation Enhancement Request 12-NLF3TZ has been raised to include the step of verifying PDQ as post upgrade task in the upgrade guide.
Post a Comment