Search This Blog

SBL-EAI-04243: Unknown exception caught while trying to %1

Applies to:
Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: [19221] FRA Com/Med
Database: Oracle
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server SP1

This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3178820685.


We again have the “Unknown exception occurred during Data Send over HTTP(SBL-EAI-04243) »" error when trying to attach a segment to a campaign. The trouble here is that I have been through all the usual troubleshooting steps and still have the issue:
-rebooted the server (this a single UAT server installation with Marketing OM and Analytics run on the same host)
-clear cache in webservice outbound admin
-check the password in in marketing->admin->servers view for Default Analytics Server
-check host in symbolic URL (anyway access to answers and segment designer work)
-check the host address in marketing->admin->servers view, webservive definition. The address is correct, I tried both with the IP address and localhost, same result, does not work.
-check user belongs to a position which belongs to an access group defined in the applet campaign user properties for loading campaign and so on

Nothing work yet, still get the error. The config used to work 2 weeks ago, nobody knows what has been changed. The user I am using can access to analytics answers and seg designer through the SSO config and is a member of the appropriate responsibilities in the oltp and the corresponding webgroups exist in the Analytics WebCat. The curious thing is that campaign where segments were added 2 weeks ago can still be loaded (as far as I know the wf during camp load also use Web Services, the only differences being the user is impersonated usig the Administrator/password stored in Admin--Marketing->Servers view instead of being logged directly). So it means the web service can work. Another test I did was to try the add segment functionality from a dedicated client (my laptop where I have a marketing app locally installed) and it works from there. So the issue is maybe somewhere with the marketing OM and/or the privileges+authorization of the users.
I have attached log files with EAI and web services traces for the marketing OM when ...

Message 1
For the benefit of others,

The issue here was, getting an error when attaching a segment to a campaign. After following Troubleshooting Steps 43: Siebel Marketing 7.7 Testing and Troubleshooting Guide on SupportWeb the error still occured.

After however setting the log level for the object manager back to 1, the error was removed.

Thank you,

Oracle/Siebel Product Support

No comments:

Post a Comment