Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 184.108.40.206  - Release: V8
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In their Siebel application the customer has a customized associate applet with which they observe the following behavior:
- You open the shuttle applet involved
- You click the "Query" button on the associate applet
- You enter search criteria and click "Go"
- When the Cancel Query popup applet appears you click "Cancel" button
> A dialog box appears as expected with the following message:
- - -
The query has been cancelled(SBL-DAT-00819)
- - -
Then the applet becomes read-only and the buttons ("Go" and "Cancel") disappear. You cannot close the applet.
This behavior has been reproduced starting from a standard Siebel environment 220.127.116.11 SIA connected to an Oracle server database:
- Set to 1 the CancelQueryTimeOut OM parameter
- Create 10000 positions via scripting (a client BS ran using the BS simulator)
# Using Tools:
1. Set to 10000 the 'PreFetch Size' property of BC 'Position'
2. Change from "Edit List" to "Base" the 'Type' property of the "Base" applet web template in applet 'Team Member Assoc Applet'
3. Compile the BC and the applet into the standard SRF file
# Using Siebel Communications application (web client):
1. Go to My Accounts view
2. Open Account Team shuttle applet
3. Click the "Query" button
> The shuttle applet is replaced by a form applet (associate applet in query mode)
4. Click "Go"
> The Cancel Query popup applet will appear
5. Click "Cancel"
> The dialog box "The Query has..." appears
6. Click "OK"
> The applet becomes read-only and the buttons ("Go", "Cancel") disappear
Bug 12-1SM2EU9 has been logged to address this unexpected behavior.
NOTE: The 10000 new positions added and the setting of the 'PreFetch Size' BC property are needed to simulate the customer environment (namely an environment with a lot of data) and thus, produce a long running query.
The workaround is to press Alt+R (Shortcut for "Refine Query") or Alt+Q (Shortcut for "New Query") to get the applet displayed again correctly. It is also possible to close the applet by pressing Alt+F4.BUG:12-1SM2EU9 - ASSOC APPLET DISPLAYED AS A FORM APPLET IN QUERY MODE: INCORRECT DISPLAY WHEN CANCELLING A QUERY