Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 22.214.171.124 SIA  - Release: V7
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. How can we resolve the message ( "Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex. (SBL-DAT-00487)") and let the user be able to refine their query?
For the issue with error, "Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex. (SBL-DAT-00487)", we have done some research on it. This issue often shows when a compound query contains any "OR" operator. The workaround is: The logic expression containing "OR" operator can be always converted to other equivalence expression without "OR" operator. For example, there’s a compound logic expression made from two simple logic expression:
(Expression A) OR (Expression B)
It can always be converted to equivalence:
NOT (NOT (Expression A) AND NOT (Expression B))
By converting to equivalence, the “OR” operator no longer stays in the query expression and the error message will be prevented.
There are a few existing Change Requests have been logged to address the product enhancement request:
CR 12-1H4W95G (Unable to refine Opportunity queries containing OR)
CR 12-1LTGWED (Allow the possibility to use the OR operator between two text fields in a PDQ)
The status for the above CRs is “Active Open”.
We hope the above information helps.
Oracle Tech Support
Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 126.96.36.199 
Database: Oracle 188.8.131.52
Application Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 2
Database Server OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server SP 2
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-1018435451.
When a complex pdq has been defined and executed, if the user attempts to refine the query, the application would throw out an error “Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex.” This was happening in siebel 2000. However, the behavior appears to be different in siebel 7. We are not encountering this error, but we are unable to refine the complex query. Please advice.
Message 1For the benefit of other users:
The behavior was reproduced on the standard application. Steps to reproduce are as below:
1. Log into the application, navigate to the contacts screen, All contacts view.
2. Press the new query button, Select the last name field, and type the following text: [Last Name] LIKE "Aamos" OR [First Name] = “James”
3. Execute the query.
The query is executed and the records are returned according to the query criteria.
4. Now press ALT+R to refine the query. The query criteria are displayed and the user is able to refine the query.
5. Now save the query with a particular name say “Test”
6. Press new query, and execute query buttons on the toolbar.
Message 27. Now select the “Test” query from the pdq dropdown. This query is executed and records are returned according to the query criteria.
8. Now attempt to refine the query by pressing ALT+R. When this is done is Siebel 2000, the application throws out the following error message “Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex. “. Change request #12-HF129 was logged to address this issue in Siebel 2000.
9. However, in Siebel 7, the application does not give this warning message when the same actions are performed. In addition to a warning not being given to the user, when refine query is done, none of the query criteria are visible to the user. The user cannot refine the query from the UI.
This is not the expected behavior and has been identified as a defect. Change request #12-H6MPHH has been logged to address this issue. The workaround is to refine the query via the application administration screen > predefined queries view.
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 184.108.40.206  - Release: V7
Information in this document applies to any platform.
We are working with SearchSpec scripting on "Action" BC server script and we get the following error on the homepage or in the action page after going on homepage:
"Current search specification is too complex to be refined. Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex."
There is no search spec defined on the BC in Tools.
Here is the script we use to test:
Function BusComp_PreQuery () As Integer
TheApplication.TraceOn "C:\tracePreQuery.txt", "Allocation", "All"
Dim bsRVIToolbox As Service
Dim Input1 As PropertySet
Dim Output1 As PropertySet
Dim strSearchSpec As String
Dim Fieldname As String
Set Input1 = TheApplication.NewPropertySet()
Set Output1 = TheApplication.NewPropertySet()
Set bsRVIToolbox = TheApplication.GetService("RVI Toolbox Service")
Fieldname = "Comment"
TheApplication.Trace "BusComp_PreQuery - BEGIN"
TheApplication.Trace "Me.GetSearchExpr = " + Me.GetSearchExpr
TheApplication.Trace "Me.GetSearchSpec( "+Fieldname+" ) = " + Me.GetSearchSpec(Fieldname)
Set bsRVIToolbox = Nothing
Set Input1 = Nothing
Set Output1 = Nothing
strSearchSpec = ""
Fieldname = ""
BusComp_PreQuery = ContinueOperation
Could you help us to resolve this problem?
The cause is the comparison JulianMonth([Planned]) = JulianMonth(Today()) which could not be related back to a certain field. BUG 12-1V058ZB.
Check if there is a JulianXXX or LookUpValue in the searchExpr and if not I can use the getsearchspec...
ReferencesBUG:12-1V058ZB - USING JULIANMONTH ON PDQ AND GETSEARCHSPEC CAUSE ERROR SBL-DAT-00487
NOTE:522183.1 - Complex Query - “Please start a new query or refine one that is less complex” ignored in version 7.
Post a Comment