Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version: 7.7.1 
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error Message Area:Data Manager - DAT
This document is intended to provide cause and corrective action information about Siebel Error Message SBL-DAT-00362: Data value for field '%1' is larger than the limit %2 defined in the database. Please type in less information to ensure that your data is committed to the database.
This document is informational and intended for any user.
SBL-DAT-00362: Data value for field '%1' is larger than the limit %2 defined in the database. Please type in less information to ensure that your data is committed to the database.
1. The user types more characters than is allowed by the field length and tries to save the record.
2. A record attribute has more characters than the physical column length. To diagnose this behavior further, do the following:
- Check the Business Component (BC) field Text Length property and compare its value with the corresponding base table column length. The field length should be less than or equal to the base table column length. NOTE: That the Text Length on the field is effective only if the "Text Length Override" user property is defined.
- Check the pre-default and post-default properties to ensure they do not exceed the limit. In particular, if they are like Parent: 'BC.field', check the length of the field on the parent BC.
- Determine if any script populates the field.
- If the field is populated using a pick list or pick applet, check the fields that are referred on the pick maps. In particular, check the length of these fields on the business component used by the pick applet and the pick list. Its length should not exceed the length of the field in the business component where the pick list is used.
3. The error occurs when the field uses a static pick list based off a multilingual list of values (MLOV) and the column length is greater than 30.
The corrective actions for this error will depend on the underlying causes. Below are some suggestions to correct the known causes listed above:
1. Restrict the users to the number defined in the Text Length of the field. For text fields, restrict the field length through the "Text Length Override" user property. If the "Text Length Override" user property is defined, then make sure that the text length of the field is less than or equal to the database column length. For numeric fields, use the "Validation" property. Refer to this document.
How Can Users Restrict the Entry of Characters in a List Column or Control? <Doc: 476698.1>
for more information on how to control the maximum numbers of characters in a field.
2. If the error is caused by "A record attribute has more characters than the physical column length", try the following:
- Ensure the Business Component (BC) field Text Length property is less than or equal to the base table column length.
- Ensure the pre-default and post-default properties do not exceed the field limit. In particular, if they are set to Parent: 'BC.field', check the length of the field on the parent BC.
- Modify any scripts that populate the field as needed to ensure the field length is not exceeded.
- If the field is populated using a pick list or pick applet, ensure that the length of these fields on the business component does not exceed the length of the field in the business component where the pick list is used.
3. Verify the length of the business components field's base column with the MLOV pick list and make sure it is set to a maximum of 30. For more information, refer to the following Siebel Bookshelf references:
- Siebel Bookshelf version 7.5.3 > Siebel Tools Reference > Pick Applets and Static Picklists > Multilingual Lists of Values > About the Language Independent Code.
- Siebel Bookshelf version 7.7 > Configuring Siebel eBusiness Applications > Creating and Administering Lists of Values > About the Language Independent Code.
In both of these bookshelf references is the following caution:
CAUTION: The length of the language-independent code (the value stored in the database) must be equal to the longest display value for the MLOV. If it is not, the display value will be truncated. If the standard column does not meet your requirements and you are using a custom extension column, the column must be VARCHAR and have a maximum length (width) of 30.
Applies to:Product Release: V7 (Enterprise)
Version: 18.104.22.168 
Database: Oracle 22.214.171.124
Application Server OS: Sun Solaris 5.8
Database Server OS: Sun Solaris 5.8
This document was previously published as Siebel SR 38-3414065521.
This is regarding the creation of an SR Under Client (after upgrade from 7.0.5 to 7.7.). I'm trying to create an SR. In the configuration on the Service Request BC; the field “Orgn Info - Name Line 1” has the 'Type' property set to "DTYPE_TEXT" and 'Text length' property set to 50. A "Predefault value" is set to "Parent: 'Service Request.Account’". This is a field joined to the column 'OI_NAME_L1' based on the table 'S_SRV_REQ3_FNX'.
The column 'OI_NAME_L1' defined in Tools with properties 'Physical Type' set to "varchar" and 'Text Length' set to 50. The datatype for this column defined in the physical schema is VARCHAR2(50).
In the Account BC:Field “Name”(Account Name) has the 'Type' property set to "DTYPE_TEXT" and 'Text Length' set to 100. I'm hit with the error when the Account name of the Account is more than 50 chars. The field called “Orgn Info - Name Line 1” is a Vanilla field on the Service Request BCs. The field is mapped to a column that can store 50 characters. But the field is defined with the Predefault value of Account Name which has the field length 100.
Field 'Orgn Info - Name Line 1' is not getting used in the Business Application. This field has used with only with Vanilla applet "FIN Service Request Organization Info Update Form Applet" under view "FIN Service Request Organization Detail Change View" and only available to Administrator user.
So,Workaround used for this field is, this field is no longer used in the Business, removed the predefault value from the Field which was storing the value bigger than the Column length capacity. I’am little bit confuse with this vanilla settings. Too smaller length field storing bigger value. I have seen same problem has been raised in SR for the other case. Service Request #: 38-1815646211 Which is explained with same problem with (Change request 12-U3HISR).
Steps to Reproduce:
2) Select a client with more than 50 charachter in name.
3) then click on the SR
The behavior described has been reproduced using standard Siebel Financial Services version 126.96.36.199 against the sample database. Here are the steps
1. Go to Accounts > Service Requests
2. Create an account record and enter more than 50 characters in the Name field
3. Create a child Service Request
4. Drill down on the child Service Request
> the view accessed is 'Service Request Detail View'
5. Create a new Service Request record and save it:
> You will get this error:
- - -
Data value for field 'Orgn Info - Name Line 1' is larger than the limit 50 defined in the database.
Please type in less information to ensure that your data is committed to the database.(SBL-DAT-00362)
- - -
NOTE: The behavior is the same using versions 188.8.131.52 SIA and 8.0 SIA.
Using Tools we can see the BC 'Service Request' has the following fields:
- - -
Name: Orgn Info - Name Line 1
Predefault Value: Parent: 'Service Request.Account'
- - -
The issue is that in table S_ORG_EXT the column NAME has 100 as Length but in table S_SRV_REQ3_FNX the column OI_NAME_L1 has 50 only.
Change Request 12-1KJ2JK5 has been logged to address this product defect.
The workaround is to remove the pre-default value set on field 'Orgn Info - Name Line 1'.
NOTE: The SupportWeb posting 38-1815646211 discusses a similar issue addressed by Change Request 12-U3HISR. This issue is fixed in Siebel application version 8.0 SIA.
Applies to:Siebel Life Sciences CRM - Version: 8.0  - Release: V8
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following error occurs when creating a Forecast using a Forecast Series with "Account" Aggregation:
"SBL-DAT-00362: Data value for field 'Aggregation Field Level 1' is larger than the limit 50 defined in the database."
Customer do have some Account records exceeding the size 50.
I was able to reproduce this issue internally, using the Sample DB:
1) Forecast Series > Aggregation view > "Account"
2) Created an Account with more that 50 characters
3) Add a new Oppty and associated to the new Oppty
4) Created a Forecast
Error : SBL-DAT-00362: Data value for field 'Aggregation Field Level 1' is larger than the limit 50 defined in the database".
This is caused by the OOTB objects configuration:
BC: Forecast 2000 -- Forecast Item Detail Summary
SVF: Aggregation Field Level 1
The following workaround can be used to overcome this issue:
1) Extended table S_FCST_ITEM_DTL > Column: X_ABC_AGGR_DIM_NAME_1
2) Changed the following BCs:
Forecast 2000 -- Forecast Item Detail Summary
Forecast 2000 -- Forecast Item Detail Summary Flat
Forecast 2000 -- Forecast Item Detail Flat
Forecast 2000 -- Forecast Item Detail
SVF: Aggregation Field Level 1
3) Created a new Account:
4) Created a new Oppty and associated above Account
5) Created Forecast Series > Aggregation: Account
6) Create a Forecast using new Forecast Series to pick new Oppty
6) Forecast is successfully created.
The same configuration changes should be performed for all other 6 Aggregation fields:
Aggregation Field Level 2 to Aggregation Field Level 6
and corresponding columns:
AGGR_DIM_NAME_2 to AGGR_DIM_NAME_6
Please, also note that above changes and tests have been performed in a vanilla application with no custom changes.
Therefore, please make sure that you make the necessary tests in the overall application to ensure these changes will correctly work with your custom application.
Oracle Technical Suppport